The fireplace is a part of interior in your house which created to give a warmness. It can applied in indoor and outdoor place. In indoor, the best place to install fireplaces is in guest room or family room. This is a special thing if you install in in there. You will a warmness when collect together with your guest and family.
The structure of fireplace is created from stone, brick, metal to keep a fire of your house. These material is so durable to keep a fire and warm in your house. In deciding design of material in installing fireplace you can choose appropriate material of your fireplace. Then, you can add accessories to complete fireplace to be a good looking. There are such as a small a plant, candle and figure. The accessories is can applied in beside of your fireplace.
A. The Difference of Fireplace to your house
Before you install and buy a fireplace, you should know the differences of fireplace. These fireplace as your reference to know what is the suitable fireplace to your house. There are as follows:
1. Wood Burning
Wood burning is a fireplace is made from wood. This type has a traditional view to apply in your house. The people believe that wood burning is a way to get a warmness. The wood burning has used to people since a long ago. If you want to choose this type you should prepare the disadvantages of it. The disadvantages is cost to buy a wood and treatment to move a burnt after you use it. Although this type has a disadvantages, but people usually used it to find a rustic impression in their house.
2. Gas Burning
Gas burning is type of fireplace that effective to install in your house. This is effective because you do not using your much money to fireplace operation. Sometimes, people used it because the function to warmness of house without need a much money. To install it, you can use natural gas and liquid propane. The natural gas can use a gas line of your house. Then, liquid propone can use propone tank.
The electric is a type of fireplace that modern. You can apply this type without finding another material to build it. You only need an electricity to turn on a fireplace of your house. This is also a simple effective fireplace, because you can move it in part of place when you need a warmness. There are many electric fireplace is recommend to combine with your house decoration. So, it builds beautiful view to your house.
4. Ethanol Burning
Ethanol is a type of fireplace come from liquid bioethanol fuel to build a fire in your house. It contains a lot of fuel that you used in tour fireplace. It is so the best fireplace to you, because you can turn on it if you need a warmness. Then, if you do not need again, let’s to turn off this fireplaces. It saves a useful of fireplace when you turn on only that needed.
B. The Best Deciding after Applying Fireplace in your House
We know that after applying a fireplace in our house, we need to prepare what will do after it. To give a good impression of your interior of your fireplace, you can do whitewash in cover it. Whitewash is a material which made from lime and water mixture to cover some part to be light white. Whitewash is different with paint. Whitewash is first cover which used of people to cover the main part. Then, after the part has cover of whitewash you can paint several color. There are kind of whitewash to cover your fireplace to be light and gorgeous are:
1. Whitewash Faux Stone Fireplace
a.What is Whitewash Faux Stone Fireplace
Whitewash faux stone is a material of imitate stone is used to fireplace. This material is compiled to be neat. The faux stone give accent like a real stone. It give a nature decoration of your house. Then, you can use whitewash as a cover to faux stone to be looked clean and light. The function of it to give an appropriate of fireplace with color of your wall.
b. How to Install Whitewash and paint Faux Stone in fireplace
If you decide a faux stone of your fireplace, it is possible for you to cover it using whitewash. You can look differences between left and right picture. In left picture is still real faux stone without mixing with another material. It is look as dirty fireplace and does not match with your wall.
To cover faux stone fireplace, there are a step how do you DIY of it. The is a easy step to change of before your fireplace using whitewash by yourself. Let’s to follow this step to do it.
1. In left picture above, before you apply a whitewash it look does not has a style of your fireplace. The first thing what should you do is clean up all them part faux stone using rag and brush. There are used to help you easy find a small part that difficult to clean.
2. The next section after cleanup is prepare the mixing of whitewash and water. The measurement of whitewash and water to be balance.
3. You can start to paint of one side in fireplace. Be careful and consistant to cover it. This step is your experiment to change a natural stone to be a light white. You need a more time to do it. The install of whitewash, you can use brush to cover your fireplace.
4. Let’s to mix a paint and water to apply in second layer after you cover with whitewash. This step is used to thick of color in your fireplace. Do it more again to get the best color.
2. Whitewash Stone Fireplace with Wood Mantle
a. What is Whitewash Stone Fireplace with Wood Mantle
Whitewash stone fireplace with wood mantle is a natural of stone that combine with a wood to get a natural impression of fireplace. The function of wood to keep around of stone in your fireplace. It also gives a good looking impression in side of fireplace. In applying a stone of fireplace, let’s use cement to stick one stone to other stone.
b. How to Install Whitewash and Paint Stone Fireplace with Wood Mantle
In covering of stone fireplace, there is a same with the step to cover faux stone. There are steps to cover stone that you follow are:
1. Clean up of the stone in your fireplace. To clean up you can use brush and rag. Do not forget to clean up wood mantle in around of fireplace using sandpaper. The function of sandpaper is to clean up and smooth rough part of wood.
2. Let’s prepare a whitewash and water to cover stone and wood mantle.
3. Brush a side by side of stone and wood mantle be careful. The painting of whitewash should be balance and consistent.
4. The last step is applying a paint to cover two layer in stone and wood mantle. The painting of them, you can do two or three time to get the best coloring.
3. Whitewash Brick Wall with Black Stone Fireplace
a. What is Whitewash Brick Wall with Black Stone Fireplace
Brick wall is the common material is used to build a wall in several place. The difference of applying brick wall of fireplace with another place are the concept and arrangement. In built a common wall you only use brick as material which contain in wall. But, in fireplace the brick is stick without cover with cement. The combination of brick and black stone is so beautiful to get a natural impression in your house. These material is also strong from a fire that burn in fireplace. In applying brick and stone, you do not need a much money. The cost of material is inexpensive and easy to find.
b. How to Install Whitewash and Paint Brick Wall Back Stone Fireplace
To install whitewash and paint in brick wall and black stone is simple and easy. You can apply it by yourself. There a step that can you follow to covering a whitewash and paint are:
1. First step is clean up all them part of brick and stone using sandpaper. Do not leave a rough side of this step, because it will disturb in covering a whitewash
2. Then, put a whitewash and water. Mix them to be balance. Stir of them to be evenly mixed.
3. Next, let’s to apply the side of brick and stone using brush. Dip a brush to the whitewash. Do it more again to dip a brush in your whitewash.
4. The last step is put you painting to cover more in your brick and stone. It is same with the step of above. Do it more again to get the best coloring.
Based on the explanation above, it concludes that to apply a whitewash in fireplace is easy and simple. You do not a more time and cost to do it. The step can do by yourself. I think that there are as your reference before you practice it.